A year ago I made these Halloween donuts. They were such a hit that I decided to try my luck again and make another autumn inspired donut.
I am so happy that I did because I am totally in love with these mini pumpkin donuts.
I am a bona fide pumpkin addict. During a recent Trader Joe’s trip, I went on a pumpkin spree.
If had pumpkin in the name, you bet I bought it: pumpkin pancake mix, pumpkin spice rooibos tea bags, pumpkin pecan instant oatmeal, and I even got a box of pumpkin dog biscuits for Charlie.
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a piping bag fitted with a small round top. Lightly grease mini donut pan with cooking spray (Pam, Baker’s Joy). Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Mix in pumpkin puree until combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. In another bowl, combine buttermilk and pumpkin puree.
- With mixer on low, add dry mixture in three additions, alternating with pumpkin mixture. Be sure to start and end with the dry mixture. Mix until combined.
- Fill prepared piping bag with batter. Pipe batter into prepared donut pans, filling mold a little over half full. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool in pan for 2 minutes before unmolding. Let donuts cool for 5 minutes on rack before coating in cinnamon sugar
- Cinnamon Sugar Coating: In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. In another bowl, keep melted butter warm
- Working with one donut at a time, dip donuts into melted butter. Toss to coat in cinnamon sugar mixture. Let donuts cool completely on wire rack.