Cucumber mint lemonade takes three super hydrating ingredients and combines them together for the ultimate summertime refresher.
Don’t make the standard, regular old lemonade. Try something fresh and exciting!
Cucumber mint lemonade is slightly sweet, a little tart, and oh so refreshing.
Mint Cucumber Lemonade
You need three key ingredients: lemon, mint, and cucumbers.
I highly recommend using FRESH ingredients. Fresh squeezed lemon juice always tastes 100 times better than any store-bought bottled lemon juice.
Any variety of fresh mint will work. Spearmint and peppermint are the most commonly available at supermarkets.
Persian cucumbers, English cucumbers or hot house cucumbers work best. These cucumber varieties tend to have smaller seeds.
I prefer to peel the cucumbers. However, you may keep the skin on for extra cucumber flavor.
Simple Syrup for Lemonade
Simple syrup is a liquid sweetener made by dissolving sugar in water. This liquid sweetener easily mixes into beverages of any temperature, be it iced or warm.
Of course, you can just stir the sugar into the lemonade. However, I highly recommend you take the extra 5 minutes to make simple syrup.
Simply combine equal parts sugar and water (in this recipe- ½ cup each). Bring to a boil until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
How To Make: Cucumber Mint Lemonade
This lemonade is SUPER EASY to make, but it requires a blender. Lemon juice, sliced cucumbers, and fresh mint are processed together in a blender until smooth.
Alternatively, you may use a juicer (juice machine) to process whole lemons, whole cucumbers, and fresh mint.
Combine simple syrup, cucumber juice mixture, and water (or chilled sparkling water). That’s it. Serve over ice and enjoy.
Turn Lemonade into a Cocktail!
Cucumber mint lemonade is fresh, cooling, and so easy to make. Garnish with mint leaves and some sliced cucumbers to make the drink look even fancier.
This lemonade is perfect on it’s own… However, for a little fun, you can add a splash of liquor to turn this mocktail into a hard lemonade!
To make a cocktail: combine 1/2 cup lemonade with 1.5 oz liquor of choice. Vodka and gin are great options!
If you’re a fan of whiskey, you might like this honey whiskey lemonade!
Cucumber Mint Lemonade
- high speed blender
- strainer or cheesecloth
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 ½ cups water, divided
- 1 cup Persian cucumbers (English cucumbers or hot house cucumbers), peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- In a small sauce pot, combine sugar and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a blender, combine cucumbers, mint leaves, lemon juice, and slightly cooled simple syrup. Puree until smooth.
- Strain mixture through a fine strainer (or cheesecloth). Discard pulp.
- Pour lemonade into a pitcher. Add remaining 2 cups of water*. Stir to combine. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Instead of sugar, you may sub in honey.
- You may sub in 2 cups chilled sparkling water in place of water in step 4. Serve immediately over ice, if using sparkling water.