This sparkling berry apple mocktail requires 3 ingredients: berry syrup, apple cider, and sparkling water. This non-alcoholic drink is suitable for all ages!
This is a party drink everyone can enjoy!
Iced teas, lemonades, and sodas are fine, but they’re so basic.
If I choose not to drink alcohol at a party, I still want something fun and exciting in my hand. I want a sparkling berry apple mocktail.
This mocktail requires three ingredients: berry syrup, apple cider, and sparkling water. Super easy and simple. The key to this alcohol-free beverage is the homemade mixed berry syrup.
- Mixed Berry Syrup : Simple mixture of frozen berries and sugar cooked to a thick sweet syrup. Scroll down to next section for more detailed information.
- Apple Cider : The labeling of “apple cider” versus “apple juice” varies from state to state. The apple cider used in this recipe refers to unfiltered apple juice. Don’t confused “apple cider” for hard cider, alcoholic apple cider, or sparkling apple cider. Those are completely different products!
- Sparkling Water : Carbonated water. Use sparkling mineral water, club soda, or flavored sparkling waters like LaCroix or Waterloo.
Homemade Berry Syrup
The syrup is made from cooking together frozen berries and sugar. I used a mixture of frozen strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries.
Use a mixture of your favorite fruits or stick to one. It will be delicious either way.
The syrup can be made with fresh or frozen fruits.
The berry syrup can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Feel free to substitute any berries (or berry combination) of your choice.
The resulting berry syrup will be quite thick. Asides from this mocktail, you can use the syrup to sweetened iced teas or flavor lemonades.
With Halloween around the corner and the holidays in sight, this would be a fun mocktail for any gathering or celebration. I like to serve it with some fresh raspberries and a cinnamon stick.
I pass out the drinks unmixed so guests can see the different layers. Asides from adding a festive touch, the cinnamon stick also serves as a stirrer!
With this mocktail, kids and adults of all ages can partake in this party! CHEERS!
Related Non-Alcohol Drink Recipes
Sparkling Berry Apple Mocktail
- ½ oz mixed berry syrup
- 3 oz apple cider
- 3 oz sparkling water
Mixed Berry Syrup:
- 12 oz frozen mixed berries
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Add berry syrup and apple cider in a serving glass. Add ice and top with sparkling water. Stir before drinking.
Mixed Berry Syrup:
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pot, combine frozen berries and sugar. Set over medium heat and bring a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until berries have softened and mixture is thick.
- Strain mixture. Cool to room temperature. Transfer to an airtight container and keep stored in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Berries : You may substitute any fresh or frozen berries of your choice. I used a combination of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
- Apple Cider: The labeling of “apple cider” versus “apple juice” varies from state to state. The apple cider used in this recipe refers to unfiltered apple juice. Don’t confused “apple cider” for hard cider, alcoholic apple cider, or sparkling apple cider. Those are completely different products!