Halo-Halo (Filipino Shaved Iced Sundae)
Yield: serves 1, multiply as needed
- sweet red bean (munggo)
- sweet white beans
- coconut gel (nata de coco)
- macapuno (gelatinous coconut string)
- Fresh or canned jackfruit, cut into chunks
- Shaved ice
- Evaporated milk
- Ube ice cream
In a serving glass, layer sweet red bean, sweet white beans, coconut gel, macapuno, and jackfruit. Top with shaved ice. Drizzle about one tablespoon of evaporated milk over shaved ice. Top with a scoop of ube ice cream. Enjoy immediately!
All images and text ©The Little Epicurean
- These ingredients can be found at well-stocked supermarkets. My local Vons and Ralphs carries most of this canned/bottled ingredients in their Asian aisle.
- Filipino markets such as Seafood City and Island Pacific will definitely have all these ingredients. Asian markets like 99 Ranch will also carry these products.