Homemade Sweet Potato Dog Biscuit Treats
Dogs are part of the family! Treat them like one with these super easy to make sweet potato dog biscuits!Yield: about 2 dozen heart biscuits
Servings: 24 heart biscuits
- 3.5 oz container sweet potato baby food*
- ¾ cup + 1 Tablespoon gluten-free flour*, (like Cup4Cup)
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 large egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine sweet potato baby food, flour, rolled oats and honey. Use a sturdy spatula to combine everything together. Dump contents to a lightly floured working surface and knead dough together.
Pat or roll dough to a thickness of about ¼ to ½-inch. Use desired cookie cutters to punch of shapes. Stick to one or two similar sized shapes to ensure even baking.
Place cutouts on prepared baking sheet. Lightly brush the tops of cutouts with beaten egg wash.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until biscuits are crisp and golden in color. Rotate pan midway through baking. Let treats cool in pan before treating your dog.
- If your dog has no wheat/gluten allergies, you can use all-purpose flour or whole-wheat flour.
- The treats can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days.
- For longer storage, I suggest keeping them in the fridge or freezer.