French Bread Pizza
Quick and easy French bread pizza features fresh mozzarella and pepperoni slices. Customize topping choices to make it your own!
- 16 oz (1 pound) soft loaf French bread or Italian bread
- ½ cup pizza sauce*
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz pepperoni slices
- crushed red pepper flakes, to top
- fresh basil, to garnish
Position rack in center of oven*. Set oven to broiler.
Slice bread loaf in half crosswise and lengthwise until you have four pieces total. Arrange bread cut side up on a baking sheet. Place under broiler for 30-45 seconds until tops of bread are lightly toasted.
Remove from oven. Spread about 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce over each piece of bread. Sprinkle about 1 oz of shredded mozzarella over sauce. Top with sliced tomatoes and pepperoni. Crumble fresh mozzarella over tomatoes. Sprinkle remaining shredded mozzarella on top.
Return to oven and place under broiler for 45-60 seconds, rotate baking sheet, and heat for another 45-60 seconds until cheese has melted and is starting to brown. Season with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired. Garnish with fresh basil. Serve immediately.
All images and text ©The Little Epicurean
- Position rack in center of oven about 6-inches from broiler. The broiler setting is very HOT. Keep a close eye on your pizza to make it sure it doesn't burn.
- I used this store-bought tomato sauce