Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita Popsicles
Take margaritas to a new level with these frozen treats. These strawberry jalapeño margarita popsicles are sweet, spicy, and boozy!
- ⅔ cup tequila
- 2 ½ cups (16 oz/1 lb) strawberries, hulled, sliced
- ¾ cup jalapeño simple syrup (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- strawberries slices, to garnish
- jalapeño slices, to garnish
Jalapeño Simple Syrup:
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 jalapeño, sliced
In a blender, combine tequila, strawberries, jalapeño simple syrup, lime juice, lemon juice, and lime zest. Process until smooth. If desired, add more jalapeño simple syrup according to your taste preferences.
Add a few strawberry slices and jalapeño slices in popsicle mold cavities.
Pour blended mixture into popsicle molds. Insert wooden popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least 6 hours until popsicles are solid.
To make jalapeño simple syrup: bring sugar and water to a boil. Once sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and add sliced jalapeño. Allow jalapeño to steep until mixture has cooled to room temperature. Strain out jalapeño. Keep simple syrup chilled in the fridge until ready to use. Will keep for several weeks.
- It's best to freeze popsicles overnight to ensure they are solid.
- These popsicles will not completely freeze due to the amount of alcohol and sugar in the recipe. The resulting popsicles will have a creamy, slushy texture.
- If you don't have popsicle molds, you can also freeze these into ice cubes and blend into a frozen drink.
- I use these popsicle molds from Amazon