Homemade Cinnamon Dolce Latte
A homemade version of the popular Starbucks drink. This easy to make cinnamon dolce latte combines espresso, cinnamon syrup, steamed milk, and sweetened whipped cream topping for one delicious beverage! Yield: about 8 oz serving
Servings: 1 (multiply as needed)
- 2 fl oz fresh pulled espresso (double shot)
- ½ fl oz cinnamon syrup, or more to taste if you prefer sweeter drink
- 5 fl oz milk* steamed
- sweetened whipped cream
- ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cool water
- 1 cup brown sugar (200 g)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
Combine water, brown sugar, and cinnamon sticks in a heavy bottomed sauce pot. Set over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat. Steep for 15-30 minutes, depending on preferred taste. Strain out cinnamon. Keep cinnamon syrup in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
Cinnamon syrup will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for two weeks.
- This makes a strong 8 oz serving. If you prefer a lighter coffee flavor, use more milk. Starbucks uses about 8 oz (1 cup) of 2% milk in their tall size latte.
- I prefer to use whole milk for a creamier texture. Oat milk is also great for steaming.
- Adjust cinnamon syrup amount according to your taste preferences.
- Each "syrup pump" is about 1 tablespoon or 0.5 fluid ounce of homemade simple syrup.
- On average, Tall size ( 12 fl oz) has 3 pumps of syrup, Grande (16 fl oz) has 4 pumps, and Venti (20 fl oz) has 5 pumps.