Iced Ube Latte
Ube latte is a sweet delicious mixture of espresso, ube flavoring, and sweetened condensed coconut milk. This recipe can be made with freshly pulled espresso or instant coffee (instant espresso)!
Servings: 1 (multiply as needed)
- 2 Tbsp sweetened condensed coconut milk *
- ¼ teaspoon ube extract (ube flavoring)
- ½ cup milk of choice , or more to taste*
- 2 oz espresso (double shot) ,* see notes for instant espresso option
- ice as needed
Pour sweetened condensed milk into a tall serving glass. Stir in ube extract. Stir in milk. Mix until ingredients are fully incorporated.
Fill glass with ice. Pour espresso over. Stir contents together before drinking.
- Ube extract or ube flavoring may be purchased at Filipino supermarkets like Island Pacific or Seafood City. It is sometimes available at 99 Ranch or Hmart. Or, it can be purchased online through Amazon.
- Butterfly and McCormick are two most commonly available ube extracts in the United States.
Sweetened Condensed Milk:
- Cow's milk or oat milk is highly recommend. These options allow the ube flavor to pop through.
- You may use soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc.
- This sweetened condensed coconut milk is highly recommended. It adds a sweet hint of coconut flavor and creaminess. I purchased this from Whole Foods Market. It is also available at Sprouts or online through Amazon.
- Sweetened condensed milk is another vegan option.
- You may use sweetened condensed milk in place of coconut version.
- Freshly pulled espresso is high recommended. This requires use of an espresso machine or a moka pot.
- For the "instant version": dissolve 1 Tbsp instant coffee in 2 oz hot water.