Mini Sweet Potato Cupcakes
Sweet Potato Cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1-15 oz can sweet potato puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/2 bag mini cinnamon flavored marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffins tins.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter. Add eggs one at a time, making sure to scrape down the bowl with each addition.
- Add the sweet potato puree and vanilla to the creamed mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add the whisked dry ingredients in two additions, scraping down the bowl to make sure the dry has been fully incorporated.
- Divide the batter among the lined cupcake tin. Place one mini marshmallow in center of each. Using an mini offset spatula or a small spoon cover the marshmallow with surrounding batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until marshmallow has melted and cake is done. Test with a toothpick to make sure toothpick inserted in side of cake comes out clean
- Place a couple of marshmallows on top of cupcakes. Using a kitchen torch, toast and brown the marshmallows. Sprinkle with nuts and a light dusting of powdered sugar. Serve at room temperature or warm up the cupcakes.