Apple harvest punch combines apple cider, whiskey, ginger beer, and fresh fruits for a delicious autumn beverage!
Sweater weather is here.
The holidays are just around the corner.
It’s time to be merry with loved ones. Let’s unwind with some apple harvest punch!
Apple Cider Whiskey Punch
I made this punch last Christmas for our family’s annual party. Everyone loved it. It took me almost a year, but I’m finally sharing the recipe.
The recipe listed here is on the light alcohol side.
When I served it to my family, I added a lot more whiskey. Adjust according to your tastes.
This punch packs a lot of autumn flavors into one sip.
Apple cider fresh from the apple orchards is best, but in a pinch unfiltered apple juice also works.
Similar to sangria, once you finish the drink, you’re left with tasty soaked apples to munch on afterwards.
About the Ingredients
Apple cider is the star of this drink.
- The labeling of “apple cider” versus “apple juice” varies from state to state.
- Apple cider used in this recipe refers to unfiltered pressed apples. It is cloudier and thicker than standard apple juice.
- Don’t use sparkling apple cider (like Martinelli’s). That’s a completely different product.
Hard apple cider refers to an alcoholic beverage made from fermented apple juice.
- Alcohol content varies by brand.
- There are different types of hard cider including: dry cider, off-dry, semi-dry, and semi-sweet.
- There are also flavored ciders such as cranberry apple cider, pear apple cider, etc.
- Choose whatever hard apple cider of your choice.
Ginger beer is a non-alcoholic sweet carbonated ginger flavored beverage.
- Ginger beer has a stronger flavor than ginger ale.
- Feel free to swap in ginger ale, if desired.
Whiskey adds warmth and dimension to this punch!
- Use your choice of whiskey or bourbon.
- Season whiskey flavors like Crown Royal Vanilla flavored whisky, Jack Daniels honey whiskey, and Jim Bean Kentucky fire whiskey are great choices as well.
Similar to sangria, this apple punch benefits from chilling in the fridge for a couple hours. Overnight is ideal.
Combine apple cider, whiskey, lemon juice, bitters, cinnamon stick, sliced oranges and apples in a large container. Let this mixture steep.
Add the carbonated liquids just before serving.
Serve apple punch over ice. Garnish with apple slices, orange slices, and cinnamon sticks.
Want more autumn and holiday inspired drinks?
- All ages can enjoy this sparkling berry apple mocktail. It’s made with three simple ingredients!
- Spiked apple cider is an ideal warm beverage for those chilly winter nights.
- The perfect Thanksgiving cocktail. This cranberry orange bourbon cocktail is a mellower, tastier interpretation of an old fashioned.
Apple Harvest Punch
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 cup whiskey
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 8 dashes orange bitters
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 2 apples (any variety), cored, thinly sliced
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 12 oz hard apple cider, chilled
- 12 oz ginger beer, chilled
- In a large pitcher, combine apple cider and whiskey. Add lemon juice, orange bitters, sliced orange, sliced apples, and cinnamon sticks. Stir to combine and let chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
- Before serving, add hard apple cider and ginger beer. Stir to combine and serve immediately. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon stick.
- Apple Cider: The labeling of “apple cider” versus “apple juice” varies from state to state. The apple cider in this recipe refers to unfiltered pressed apples. It is juice that is a bit cloudier and thicker than your regular boxed apple juice.
- Hard Apple Cider: This refers to an alcoholic beverage made from fermented apple juice. Alcohol content varies by brand. There are different types of hard cider including dry cider, off-dry cider, semi-dry, and semi-sweet.
- Ginger Beer: Non-alcoholic sweetened and carbonated ginger flavored beverage. It has a stronger flavor than ginger ale.