It’s a tropical vacation in a bite! These coconut cupcake are filled with crushed pineapple and topped with coconut buttercream.
I constantly have summer on the brain. Perhaps because I can’t enough of warm days filled with sunshine.
While I love cloudy/rainy days (especially since they’re such a rare occurrence in LA), there’s something about summer that always puts me at ease.
Until then, we’re eating dozens of these pineapple coconut cupcakes in anticipation of summer vacation, beach trips, pool parties, and endless bottles of rosé!
Coconut Cupcakes filled with crushed pineapple
Once the coconut cupcakes have cooled, I scooped out a little cavity in the center of the cupcake.
The hole is filled with crushed pineapples (Canned pineapple works great! Drain out the excess liquids.)
Cover the pineapple surprise with coconut buttercream. It’s a sweet and fruity surprise when you bite into the cupcake!
Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes
- 14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk*
- 2 teaspoon vanilla paste or pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs room temp
Filling and Topping:
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- reserved coconut milk from cupcakes
- For the full directions visit BHG.com.