Pumpkin bread with eggnog glaze combines two of my favorite holiday flavors into an interesting and delicious treat!
What better way to celebrate the time between Halloween and Christmas than with a delicious bread that brings together pumpkin and eggnog?!
While it sounds like an unusual combination, the spices from the pumpkin bread pairs wonderfully with the nutmeg traditionally found in eggnog.
This pumpkin bread is a super easy quick bread that requires very little work. The most difficult part is waiting for the pumpkin bread to cool after baking.
This recipe makes for two 9×5-inch bread loaves. Keep one for yourself and share the other one! You can easily double or triple this recipe for holiday baked good gifts.
I’m sharing the recipe for this over at BHG’s Delish Dish blog.
Pumpkin Bread with Eggnog Glaze
Yield: makes two 9x5-inch loafs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1-15 oz can pure pumpkin puree
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1. For directions, please visit BHG's Delish Dish.
- ADAPTED FROM BHG'S PUMPKIN BREAD