Cinnamon rolls are great… but spiced cranberry rolls are even better!
This recipe post was made in partnership with Ocean Spray. Thank you for supporting our brand partners! As always, all opinions stated here are entirely my own.
Cooler temperatures signal the start of holiday baking!
I’ve partnered with Ocean Spray to show you how easy it is to incorporate dried cranberries into your favorite classic baking recipes.
Elevate the standard cinnamon rolls with a punch of cranberries!
These rolls have dried cranberries mixed into the dough as well as the filling. It’s flavored with the warm, inviting flavors of pumpkin pie spice mix and ground cinnamon.
Spiced Cranberry Rolls
- 1/2 cup warm water, about 110 degrees F
- 2 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup warm milk, about 110 degrees F
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 Tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup
Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup
chopped Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries
- 4 oz full-fat block cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- pinch kosher salt
Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries,to garnish
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together warm water, yeast, and 1 teaspoon
of sugar. Let sit for 5-7 minutes to activate. Once mixture is bubbly and fragrant, whisk in
remaining sugar, warm milk, and egg until smooth.
- Attach dough hook to stand mixer. In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Add half
of flour mixture to mixing bowl. Mix on low speed until dough starts to come together. With the mixer running on low, add softened butter one tablespoon at a time. Add remaining flour mixture. Mix on low speed until dough forms.
- Increase to medium speed and knead dough for 3-5 minutes until smooth. Add in dried cranberries and continue to knead until thoroughly distributed. Dough should be smooth and pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer dough to a large greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Allow dough to rest for one hour until it has doubled in volume.
- Make filling while dough rests. In a medium bowl, combine softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, spice mix, cinnamon, orange zest, and salt. Mix until smooth and well combined. Fold in chopped dried cranberries. Set aside.
- Punch down risen dough. Transfer to a lightly floured work surface. Roll dough into an 18x14-inch rectangle. Spread filling mixture over dough.
- Starting at the longer end, roll dough into a tight log. Slice the log into 12 equal parts and place on a lightly greased 9x12-inch baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rolls rest for 30-45 minutes at room temperature until rolls have risen to top of baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap. Bake rolls for 30-33 minutes until golden brown on top, rotate pan midway through baking to ensure even cooking. Allow rolls to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before adding frosting.
- Beat together softened cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, spice mix, orange zest, and salt. Mix together until smooth. Spread over warm spiced cranberry rolls. Garnish with dried cranberries before serving.