This mushroom and spinach garlic noodle recipe is vegan and vegetarian friendly. Best of all, this dish can be prepped ahead of time and enjoyed later!
Noodles. I cannot live without noodles. While I could give up plenty of other carbs- potato, bread, even rice, noodles are at staple.
This is a super quick, real simple recipe that I make often. Whenever I’m in pinch and dinner should have been made hours ago, I turn to this noodle dish.
Vegetarian Garlic Noodle
This mushroom and spinach garlic noodle dish is vegan and vegetarian friendly. However, if you’d like to include proteins, grilled chicken or sliced steak would be amazing with this.
As is, these noodles create an umami explosion in your mouth. You get a big punch of savory flavors from teh combination of soy sauce and mushrooms.
The sesame oil helps to round out the noodles. And of course, the garlic! The sautéed garlic keeps me asking for seconds and thirds.
The Wu-Mu Dry Noodles pictured above are my favorite to use. It only takes three minutes to cook! (That’s faster than most pastas, which probably explains why I love using it so much.)
Feel free to use whatever noodles you happen to have, even linguine or fettuccine noodles are fine.
Mushroom and Spinach Garlic Noodles
Mushroom and Spinach:
- 1 pound button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 handful spinach leaves, rinsed clean
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 10 oz noodles of choice, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
Mushrooms and Spinach:
- Heat olive in a medium size skillet. Once warm, add minced garlic and let cook for 30-45 seconds until fragrant and starting to color.
- Add sliced mushrooms and toss to combine. Pour in water and soy sauce and continue to cook on medium heat until mushrooms have started to shrink down.
- Add spinach in two additions. Cook on medium heat until mushrooms and spinach have cooked down and are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
Noodles and Assembly:
- Cook and drain noodles according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Once warm, add minced garlic cloves. Cook for 30-45 seconds until garlic is fragrant and starting color.
- Reduce heat and add soy sauce and sesame oil. Add prepared mushroom and spinach. Toss in cooked noodles. Ensure that the noodles get coated in the sauce.
- Serve warm. Garnish with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.