This banana truffle pie is a perfect year-round dessert that can be whipped up in a breeze.
I seriously can’t say/think/write the word banana without singing that one part in Gwen Stefani’s Hollaback Girl. But really, this caramelized banana truffle pie is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
With bananas available all the time, this banana truffle pie is a perfect year-round dessert that can be whipped up in a breeze. The truffle filling is sweet, creamy, and a bit tangy. The combination of chocolate and cream cheese is killer. Mixed with the buttery, flakey crust and caramelized bananas, it’s a definite winner.
While it’s perfectly delectable as is, you should go big and serve this with a scoop of ice cream, perhaps a drizzle of salted caramel, and a large mug of coffee.
Caramelized Banana Truffle Pie
Single Curst Pie Pastry:
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 4 Tablespoons ice cold water
Banana Truffle Pie:
- 6 oz (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablesoon unsalted butter
- 8 oz package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 Tablespoons orange liqueur, or orange juice
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 ripe banana, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, for topping
- whipped cream, optional for topping