Sparkling Ginger Citrusade is refreshing mocktail mixture of 5 citrus juices, ginger, honey syrup, sparkling mineral water, and a touch of salt.
It’s a new year! Are you jumping on Whole30? How about green smoothies?
Maybe starting a new exercise routine? I’m not jumping on any bandwagons, I’m just trying to balance eating healthier and exercising more.
Feeling fatigued and drained from the holidays? Not drinking enough water or feeling dehydrated?
That’s where this sparkling ginger citrusade comes to the rescue! Perhaps it’s the bright color or sweet aroma, but magically, this concoction will bring you back to life!
Mixed Citrus & Ginger Juice
This colorful concoction mixes together ginger juice along with 5 citrus juices:
- Blood orange
All that citrus makes this drink jam packed with Vitamin C. I use (and highly recommend) this juicer.
I like to juice all the fruits separately and mix them all together in a large pitcher. It makes me feel like a chemist
Plus, I just love seeing the different colors fusing and combining forces.
Transfer juices into a mocktail
The mixed juice is great on it’s own. But it’s MUCH better when combined with honey syrup (made from 1 part water and 2 parts honey), sparkling mineral water, and a pinch of salt.
Honey adds just a touch of sweetness to the rather tart fruit juices and it helps to mellow out the strong ginger notes.
Juice along may be overpowering. Therefore, it’s a good idea to lighten up the drink with mineral water. It adds a refreshing effervesce, making this my new favorite brunch mocktail. (Dare I say, even better than a mimosa!)
Don’t omit the salt. It’s the most important part. The salt makes the citrus flavors more pronounced and it really rounds the entire drink out.
Cheers to a healthier new year!
Sparkling Ginger Citrusade
- Juicer or high powered blender
- 1 cup grapefruit juice (1 medium grapefruit)
- 1 cup orange juice (3 small oranges)
- ½ cup blood orange juice (2 small blood oranges)
- 2 oz lime juice
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 ½ oz ginger juice (extracted from 5-inch piece of peeled ginger)
- honey syrup see notes
- Sparkling mineral water chilled, as needed
- kosher salt to taste
- Use a juicer to juice all fruits and ginger. Mix together. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- To assemble, add ½ cup ginger citrusade to serving glass with ice. Add 1 Tbsp honey syrup (or more based your sweetness preferences). ½Top with mineral water. Add a pinch of salt. Stir to combine. Garnish with a slice of any citrus.All images and text ©The Little Epicurean
- Don’t omit the pinch of salt. It’s the most important part. The salt makes the citrus flavors more pronounced and it really rounds the entire drink out.
- Keep the mixed juices (separate from the sparkling water) in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.