makes about 40 cookies or 20 sandwiches
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
7 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
4 oz confectioner’s sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla paste
1. Cream together butter and salt. Add confectioner’s sugar. Mix until combined. Add egg and vanilla and mix until soft paste forms. Make sure egg and butter is the same temperature to prevent batter from separating.
2. Add flour in two additions. Mix until just combined.
3. Transfer batter to piping bag with star tip. Pipe rosettes onto parchment lined sheet tray.
4. Freeze piped rosettes for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes until cookies are firm to touch. Let cool on sheet tray slightly before transferring to racks to cool completely.
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
1/8 tsp salt
1. Heat heavy cream either in the microwave on for 45-60 seconds or in a small sauce pot over medium heat until cream simmers.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, place butter, chocolate, and salt together. Heat for 10 seconds, just to warm up the chocolate slightly.
3. Pour hot cream over chocolate. Let stand for one minute. Then mix until chocolate and cream are homogeneous. Let stand until ganache has thicken and ready for piping.