Kick off summer days with Nectarine Mint Smash cocktail. It’s a fresh and delicious way to celebrate warmer weather!
It is a nice, refreshing cocktail to enjoy all summer long, especially during those warm summer nights.
Nectarine Whiskey Smash
This cocktail is very simple to make. Best of all, you can easily customize it your liking.
During the summer months, it’s wonderful for using up ripe or overripe fruits. Stone fruits, like nectarines, cherries, peaches, and plums are great for this.
Strawberries, pineapple, and kiwi of spring months are great substitutes.
- Fresh mint leaves
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Thinly sliced nectarines (or stone fruit of choice!)
- Agave syrup (or simple syrup)
- Bourbon or whiskey of choice
- Club soda or sparkling water
Let’s build the cocktail
- Place nectarine slices, some torn mint leaves, and lemon juice to serving glass.
3. Pour in bourbon or whiskey of choice.
Bourbon is a type of whiskey. Bourbon is a distinct product of the United States. Other types of American whiskey include: rye, corn, wheat, or blended whiskeys.
Other popular whiskeys hail from Canada (ie: Crown Royal, Seagram’s), Ireland, and Scotland (“scotch whiskey”).
4. Add a big handful of ice. Top off with club soda. Stir before serving. If desired, add more nectarine slices and mint leaves to garnish.
Voilà. You are ready to enjoy a nectarine mint smash. Cheers!
Nectarine Mint Smash
- fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- thinly sliced nectarines
- splash of agave syrup or syrup simple
- 2 oz (4 Tablespoons) bourbon or whiskey of choice
- club soda
- Place a couple slices of nectarine and a small handful of torn mint leaves in glass. Add lemon juice. Muddle everything together. Add a splash of agave syrup.
- Add two shots (4 Tbsp or 2 oz) of bourbon whiskey of choice. Add a big handful of ice. Top off with club soda. Stir to combine contents. If desired, add more nectarine slices and mint leaves.