Add plant based protein to your morning parfait! This yogurt quinoa parfait layers together sweetened quinoa with yogurt, jam, and cocoa nibs.
I have fallen in love with quinoa and I’m looking for all sorts of ways to incorporate it into my daily diet. Prior to my strawberries and cream breakfast quinoa, I’ve only known quinoa in savory applications.
Here’s a quick and easy breakfast that you can prepare ahead of time. I made a batch Sunday night and I plan to snack on these for the rest of the week. Its super easy if you build the parfaits inside small mason jars. You can stack them in the fridge and the twist seal top makes this a portable snack!
It only takes about 15 minutes to cook quinoa (very little time!). To sweetened the quinoa I added a little bit of agave syrup and I made it creamy through the addition of hazelnut milk. Feel free to use any milk of your choice- soy, whole, almond, etc.
I used plain non-fat yogurt and boysenberry jam to layer between the quinoa. And I topped the quinoa parfait with some crunchy toppings- cocoa nibs and pomegranate seeds. This recipe is super versatile, leaving you much room to play around with flavors, toppings, and textures.
With this breakfast, this week is off to a delicious and great start!
Yogurt Quinoa Parfait
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed and cooked according to package instructions
- ¾ cup milk of choice (I used hazelnut milk)
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 ¾ cup non-fat yogurt
- jam of choice
- cocoa nibs
- pomegranate seeds
- Rinse and cook quinoa according to package instructions. Fluff with fork. Stir in agave syrup and milk. Set aside.
- In desired individual serving bowls, layer yogurt, jam, and sweetened quinoa. Top with cocoa nibs and pomegranate seeds.