Oreo coffee cream parfait layers together Oreo and graham cracker crust, coffee cream filling center, and a coffee whipped cream topping. It’s a sweet and satisfying no-bake dessert!
I’m such a coffee addict that drinking coffee is not enough. I have to eat it as well.
Who ever came up with that saying “you can’t have your cake and eat it too” obviously isn’t very creative or resourceful. I say you can have it all!
I’m gonna drink my coffee and eat it, too!
Layered Oreo Coffee Cream Dessert
Oreo and coffee may not be the most common dessert pairing. But, it they work so wonderfully together!
I’m surprised cookies and cream coffee blended drinks aren’t more popular!
This dessert is comprised of three layers:
- graham cracker and Oreo cookie crust
- coffee mousse filling
- coffee whipped cream
The crust is made from a combination of graham crackers and Oreo cookies. The ground mixture is tossed together with unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar, and melted butter.
The coffee cream filling is made similar to chocolate mousse or chocolate pudding. Instant espresso powder is used in place of unsweetened cocoa powder.
The mixture is thickened with cornstarch and egg yolk. For a pop of flavor and excitement, the coffee cream is spiked with a little Kahlua coffee liqueur.
Standard whipped cream is simply heavy cream sweetened with a touch of powdered sugar. This coffee version is flavored with a teaspoon of instant espresso powder.
To make the layered dessert even more exciting, add some chopped chocolate covered espresso beans on top!
What vessels to use for layered coffee dessert?
You’ve got plenty of options! There are no right or wrong answers. Use whatever vessel you have a home.
This includes: cereal bowls, tea cups, glass jars, cocktail glasses or canning jars.
I used a combination of different glass jars I had lying around. These Weck jars are my favorite. Weck makes a variety of different mini mold jars, mold jars, and deco jars that would work.
Note: I use the same jars to make these individual portions of tiramisu!
Oreo Coffee Cream Parfait
- 1 cup ground graham cracker
- 1/2 cup ground Oreos (5 cookie sandwiches)
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 4 Tablespoon unsalted butter
Coffee Whipped Cream:
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate covered espresso beans, roughly chopped
- additional chopped chocolate espresso beans, to garnish
- In a food processor, pulse together graham crackers and Oreo cookies until finely ground. Transfer to a clean bowl and mix in cocoa powder and sugar. Add melted butter and stir graham cracker mixture is moist.
- Divide mixture between serving jars. (*1 Tbsp for 4 oz jar and 3 Tbsp for 12.5 oz jar) Use a muddler or a tart dough tamper to evenly press the crust into the bottom of the jar. Keep chilled in the fridge while you prepare mousse.
- Line a baking pan with plastic wrap, making sure all the sides of the tray are covered. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together milk and instant espresso powder. Set over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add mixture to milk. Stir constantly until milk mixture comes to a boil and has thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks. As you whisk yolks, slowly pour in heated milk mixture. Continue to whisk until all the milk has been added to the yolks. Pour yolk-milk mixture back to the saucepan. Set over medium heat and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- If desired, strain mixture through a fine sieve and into a clean bowl. Otherwise, simply transfer mixture to a clean bowl. Add coffee liqueur. Add butter 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir until butter is incorporated before adding the next tablespoon. Stir coffee cream until all of the butter has been incorporated.
- Pour the hot cream into the prepared plastic wrapped sheet pan. Spread evenly. Cover with plastic wrap, allowing plastic wrap to touch custard. Freeze for 10-15 minutes until the cream has cooled to room temperature. Remove from freezer and distribute among crust lined jars. Place plastic wrap directly on top of cream. Let chill in the fridge for at least an hour to set.
Coffee Whipped Cream:
- 1. Combine chilled heavy cream, powdered sugar, and instant espresso powder. Whisk to medium-stiff peaks. Fold in chopped espresso beans. Spread whipped cream over coffee cream. Sprinkle with additional chopped chocolate covered espresso beans for garnish. Serve immediately or cover jar and keep chilled until ready to serve. Keeps for 3 days.