Why eat popcorn out of a bowl when you can enjoy popcorn in a cone?! These maple bacon popcorn cones are a tasty couch treat!
Any baseball fans out there? I’m a huge Dodger fan.
You what’s a great snack to eat while watching baseball?
Baseball Snack Food
One snack I like to eat while watching baseball? Popcorn!
Cracker Jack, caramel corn, and now, these cute popcorn ice cream cones. It looks like ice cream, but it’s not.
I was inspired to make these treats after trying out Kettle Brand’s new line of popcorn.
Popcorn Cones Ingredients:
- popcorn of choice
- mini marshmallows
- pecans, or nut of choice
- chocolate chips
I used maple bacon popcorn, but any popcorn will do. A flavorful popcorn like kettle corn or caramel corn works best. Their flavors won’t get lost in the melted sweet marshmallow.
Customize your cone fillings!
I filled the ice cream cones with pecans, caramel candies and chocolate chips because that’s what I happen to have on hand. Get creative and use your favorite candies and gummies.
Or, make these ice cream cones even more special by hiding secret messages or prizes inside.
The possible variations of this these popcorn balls during Halloween and the subsequent holidays are endless!
Maple Bacon Popcorn Cones
- 7 cups Kettle Brand Maple Bacon Popcorn
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract, optional
- ice cream cones
- chocolate chips, as needed
- caramel candies, as needed
- additional pecans, as needed
- Fill ice cream cones with chocolate chips, caramel candies, and pecans as desired. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and chopped pecans. Set aside.
- In a sauce pot, melt butter. Add marshmallows. Stir to combine with butter. Cook over medium heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and add optional maple extract. Stir to combine.
- Immediately pour melted mixture over popcorn. Gently fold until popcorn is coated with marshmallow. Use an ice cream scoop to divide popcorn into balls. Place popcorn ball over prepared ice cream cone. Work quickly before marshmallow mixture cools.