With the help of a blender, this whiskey peach clafoutis is super simple and easy to make. No mixer needed! Best of all, it can be served anytime of day.
The weekend is here and I am beyond excited. Tomorrow is my birthday.
When it comes to birthdays, breakfasts are VERY important.
How you start this particular morning sets the tone for the rest of the day/week/month/year.
What does it mean if I have a plate of whiskey peach clafoutis for my birthday breakfast?
It means I’m going to have one heck of year to look forward to!
what is clafoutis?
Clafoutis is a French custard based dessert that is traditionally made with fresh cherries.
While it sounds fancy, clafoutis is a deceptively simple dish to make. It requires very few ingredients and very little effort.
I’ve never been a fan of clafoutis because I’ve had some terrible ones. More often than not, they’re super eggy.
Most of the time, it’s overcooked and all you can taste is the baked eggs.
This recipe is nothing like that. By baking this peach clafoutis low and slow in the oven, you won’t have to worry about any unwanted eggy-ness.
I used peaches, but any other stone fruit should work.
And if you’d like to go the traditional route, simply substitute pitted fresh cherries.
If you have a blender, you CAN make this clafoutis.
Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Slowly pour the batter over the fruits and place the pan in the oven. That’s it.
Dust some powdered sugar over the warm clafoutis and dig in. Traditionally, clafoutis is served without any garnishes.
I couldn’t help it. I wanted a little dollop of sweetened whipped cream. If you’d like to go the extra mile, a scoop of ice cream would be wonderful.
Once it’s baked, clafoutis is reminiscent of a crepe mixed with a German pancake (aka Dutch baby pancake). It’s just slightly sweet, a little buttery, and an overall treat.
Honestly, I think this peach clafoutis could be served anytime of day. It’s perfect for birthday breakfast, friends brunch, afternoon snack, etc.
This is totally one of those dishes you can make to impress friends and guests. Best of all, it’s SO EASY!
Whiskey Peach Clafoutis
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium peaches, pitted and sliced into wedges
- 3 Tablespoon whiskey*
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- sifted powdered sugar, to garnish
- whipped cream, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in an oven safe 9-inch skillet or cast iron pan. Remove from heat. Arrange sliced peaches in buttered pan. Drizzle 1 Tbsp of whiskey over peaches.
- In a blender, combine remaining whiskey, eggs, milk, sugar, orange zest, vanilla, flour, and salt. Process until smooth. Gently pour into pan with peaches.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until clafoutis has puffed slightly. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Sift powdered sugar over warm clafoutis. Garnish with whipped cream and additional peach slices, if desired.
- You can omit the whiskey to make this dish family-friendly. Simply substitute with additional milk.
- RECIPE ADAPTED FROM DESSERT OF THE DAY