This quick and easy two ingredient pizza dough is a simple mixture of self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. Enjoy fresh from the oven, homemade pepperoni pizza in less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
I first saw this pizza dough technique on the tv show Naturally, Danny Seo. He calls it yogurt pizza dough and the simplicity of this recipe is pure genius!
After a quick Google search, turns out two ingredient pizza dough is quite popular. I’m a bit upset I only learned about this now. This would have been such a game changer during my college years.
You may have seen two ingredient bagels (also known as the Weight Watchers bagels). Concept is the same in which self-rising flour and yogurt are mix together.
While this two ingredient pizza dough recipe is no match or comparison to real, yeast raised pizza dough, it’s pretty darn tasty.
It’s a wonderful, quick and easy alternative when you need/want/require pizza stat. Best of all, this recipe doesn’t require the use of any fancy equipment. All you need is a mixing bowl and spatula.
How to make two ingredient pizza dough
Combine self-rising flour and whole milk Greek yogurt in a large bowl until it forms a “shaggy mess.”
Dump out the dough onto a clean work surface and knead the the dough together by hand until it is smooth and elastic. It takes about 5 minutes of kneading. No resting or proof time required.
After the dough is smooth, simply roll it out to a 13-inch circle and place on a baking sheet (pizza pan, cookie sheet, etc).
Finish with sauce, cheese, and any other desired toppings. Bake in a preheated 450°F oven for 12-15 minutes until cheese has melted and the crust has browned.
What is self-rising flour?
Self-rising flour is a combination of flour, baking powder, and salt. It is most commonly used for biscuits, scones, and quick breads. I used store-bought self-rising flour for this recipe.
However, you can easily make your own self rising flour by using one of these recipes: self-rising flour 1, self-rising flour 2, or self-rising flour 3.
Whole Milk vs Reduced Fat Yogurt
I tested this recipe using whole milk Greek yogurt and 2% Greek yogurt. Obviously the biggest different because the two yogurts is the amount of fat.
The whole milk yogurt produced a fluffier, chewier dough. The dough was easier to knead together.
The 2% yogurt required a little more work to knead. While the cooked dough tasted the same as the whole milk yogurt, the 2% yogurt dough is a bit crunchier.
Two Ingredient Pizza Dough
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni slices as needed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil for brushing curst
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a large bowl, use a sturdy spatula to combine flour and yogurt until mixture clumps to a shaggy dough. Dump mixture onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead dough together by hand for about 5-8 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic. Dust with additional flour as needed if dough is too sticky.
- Roll dough out to a 13-inch circle. Place on pizza tray, cookie sheet, or baking sheet. Spread marinara sauce over dough, leaving about one inch border for the crust. Sprinkle cheese over sauce. Top with pepperoni. Brush olive oil on exposed crust.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese has melted and the crust and browned.
- Self-rising flour is a pre-packaged combination of flour, baking powder, and salt.
- I recommend whole milk yogurt. It produces a fluffier, chewier dough. Whole milk yogurt is also much easier to knead together.
- 2% yogurt results in a drier dough that requires a bit more work to knead together. 2% yogurt also results in a crunchier crust.
Reader Questions and Reviews
Nice! I have tried a similar recipe and loved the results. Curious to try this one!
It’s our go-to meal whenever we’re too lazy to cook!
Can you make this dough a day ahead and let it just sit in the fridge in a sealed ziplock??
No, I don’t suggest it. The baking powder will lose it’s leavening abilities. This dough recipe is best used immediately after mixing.
I made this pizza dough last night and my family and friends loved it! Thanks for such a great recipe. We will definitely make Again!!
How many points is a slice without the pepperoni and fat free mozzarella?
This recipe was surprisingly good!! I roasted my own cherry tomatoes and used them instead of marinara sauce. They added a wonderful smoky taste and chunky texture . I also added oregano and very thinly sliced onion. This was an 8 out of 10 for a healthy weight conscious recipe!! I will make it again for sure and also service it to guests.
Next time I will do roasted vegetables and goat cheese.
Loved this recipe!
Thanks for giving the recipe a try! The roasted cherry tomatoes sounds wonderful. I’ll have to give it a try this summer!
Just made a Hawaiian pizza using the 2 ingredient pizza dough. I baked my pizza for 15 minutes. PERFECT Pizza Crust!!! Can’t wait to make the pretzels and bagels using this recipe. Thank you for sharing!!
Thanks for trying out the dough recipe! That’s wonderful to hear! Hawaiian pizza sounds delicious right now! :)
How many carbs and sugar are in the 2 ingredients pizza? I am going to try it soon!
I do not have the nutritional information for this recipe. The carbs and sugar is dependent on the flour and yogurt you use. Check the labels on the packaging.