Coconut coffee cocktail blends together cinnamon, vanilla, and maple flavors for the delicious morning beverage. It’s the perfect brunch cocktail with a kick of caffeine.
There are few things finer than weekend brunch. Last month, I had the most amazing coffee cocktail during my San Diego weekend trip. A month later and I’m still thinking about that drink.
I’m not one to just sit around and wait for that magical drink to appear again. Oh no, I’ve been mixing and concocting coffee cocktails every weekend since then.
After a handful of not so delicious failures, I think I’ve finally got myself a winner!
Move on over, Mimosa and Bloody Mary, there’s a new brunch cocktail in town!
Rum Coffee Cocktail
If you don’t have the patience to brew coffee overnight, you could simply brew a hot pot of coffee. This cocktail tastes great chilled or hot!
- 4 oz cold brew coffee
- 1 oz rum
- 1 oz Licor 43
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- agave syrup, maple syrup, or sweetener of choice
- 0.75 oz heavy cream
- 1 oz coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk (canned version works best)
- cinnamon sugar mixture to rim cocktail glass (optional)
- Add ice cubes to cocktail shaker.
- Pour chilled cold brew coffee.
- Follow with aged rum of choice.
- And Licor 43.
- Add a pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Add coconut cream
- Pour heavy cream and a splash of agave syrup.
- Cover cocktail shaker and shake, shake, shake.
- Lightly moisten the rim of cocktail glass and coat in cinnamon sugar. (optional)
- Pour out shaken cocktail. Add additional ice, if desired.
What is Licor 43?
It’s a tasty vanilla flavored Spanish liqueur. Supposedly its made up of 43 ingredients, hence the name. I haven’t tasted anything like it. It smells of warm vanilla and honey. I’ve tried drinking it neat, on the rocks (with ice), and mixed into cocktails. Needless to say, it is a fantastic addition to drinks.
How does this coconut coffee cocktail taste?
The boyfriend says, “If it were acceptable, I’d drink my coffee this way EVERY morning.” Unfortunately, it’s not (although, I share the same sentiment about this delicious and fabulous coffee concoction).
This cocktail is meant for lazy Saturdays and Sundays when you can bum around and be merry. It reminds me of summer vacation with the sun shining on my face and my toes dug into the warm sand.
Coconut Coffee Cocktail
- 4 oz cold brew coffee (½ cup)
- 1 oz dark rum
- 1 oz Licor 43
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup or agave syrup, or more to taste
- 1 oz coconut cream, or full-fat coconut milk (canned)
- ¾ oz heavy cream
- ice, as needed
- cinnamon sugar mixture, to rim serving glass (optional)
- Add ice cubes to cocktail shaker. Pour in cold brew coffee. Follow with rum and Licor 43. Add a pinch of ground cinnamon. Add coconut cream, heavy cream, and sweetener.
- Cover cocktail shaker and shake until frothy. Lightly moisten the rim of cocktail glass and coat in cinnamon sugar. (optional) Pour out shaken cocktail. Add additional ice, if desired.
Disclaimer: Licor 43 sent me a bottle to sample and test out cocktail recipes. I was not compensated for this blog.