This strawberry peach sangria is a light, refreshing drink that can be served at various events and gatherings. From brunch to pool parties, it’s a tasty choice!
I love rich dark red, robust sangrias. The ones filled to brim with sliced oranges and apples loaded with brandy and spices. I reserve that sangria for autumn and winter.
Strawberry Peach Sangria
This strawberry peach sangria I’m sharing today is far from the traditional Spanish sangria. This is another one of my fun and refreshing summer sangria variations. (See: lychee sangria and stone fruit sangria)
I imagine serving this strawberry peach sangria at a garden brunch, maybe at a Palm Springs pool party, or more realistically, the next time my friends and I see a show at the Hollywood Bowl.
As with all sangrias, my favorite part is eating all the boozy soaked fruits. I used fresh peaches and strawberries.
Feel free to substitute or add in other stone fruits like apricots, nectarines, and plums.
Slices of fresh ginger add a little kick and zing. DO NOT use ground ginger or powdered ginger. Buy the fresh, real stuff.
Brandy is traditionally used in the dark red sangrias. For this lighter sangria, I used limoncello to keep with the fresh fruity notes.
(I’m always trying to find ways to incorporate limoncello into drinks because it reminds me of that time Alex and I went to Italy!)
This recipe uses a white wine, but after some chill time, you’ll end up with a beautiful rose color beverage.
As the strawberries steep in the wine, it releases this pretty pink hue.
No need to splurge on the wine. For this sangria, any bargain white wine will do. Save the good wine for that special occasion.
Right before serving, add chilled ginger ale to mellow out the strong limoncello. Ginger beer is also an excellent choice if you want more ginger flavor.
I like to garnish the drink with some thinly sliced lemons and a couple sprigs of thyme- it helps to keep with that garden party vibe I’m going for.
Cheers, friends! I hope you all have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend!
Strawberry Peach Sangria
- 1 peach, pitted, sliced into wedges
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 1-inch ginger, sliced into disks
- 1- 750 ml bottle Sauvignon Blanc
- 3/4 cup limoncello
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 12 oz ginger ale
- sliced lemons, to garnish
- additional sliced strawberries, to garnish
- Place sliced peaches, strawberries, and ginger in large pitcher. Pour in wine. Add limoncello and stir in sugar. Cover pitcher and let chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours (overnight is best).
- Right before serving, pour in ginger ale. Serve sangria chilled. Garnish with sliced lemon and fresh thyme, if desired.