Soft and fluffy raspberry ricotta scones drizzled in honey glaze. These honey raspberry ricotta scones take quick breads to another level.
There was a time when I thought the maple scones at Starbucks were the BEST ever. I loved them so much that I sought to create a homemade version so I could enjoy them whenever I wanted.
While these maple oat pecan scones still rank high on my list, it’s got some new competition.
These honey raspberry ricotta scones are something else.
raspberry ricotta scones with honey glaze
These are nothing like the usual crumbly dry scones you find at most coffee shops. These are moist, soft, and fluffy. They’re pillow-like, rich, and creamy.
Thanks to the addition of ricotta, they’re ridiculously delicious.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try you hand making this homemade ricotta. The recipe includes step-by-step photos.
The recipe is perfectly customizable. You can use whatever fruits you’d like.
Perhaps juicy peaches in the summer or sweet persimmons in the fall. The honey glaze can also be swapped with maple during the cooler months. YUM.
Once you’ve found your favorite scone recipe, you’ll never have to go back to store-bought again. Scones, like other quick breads, are a breeze to make.
With few ingredients, you can have a fresh batch of these out of the oven in less than one hour!
I’m sharing the recipe for these honey raspberry ricotta scones over at BHG’s Delish Dish blog. Hop on over for the full recipe and directions!
Honey Raspberry Ricotta Scones
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 Tablespoon unsalted butter, cold, cut into tablespoons
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, toss together raspberries and 1 tablespoon flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse sand. Make a well in center of flour mixture and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together egg, ricotta, and heavy cream. Add to flour mixture. Add raspberries. Stir until dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Using floured hands, gently knead dough together until almost smooth. Pat dough into a 10x4-inch rectangle.
- Slice into 12 rectangles. Place scones 2-inch apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush with additional heavy cream. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until golden brown. Allow scones to cool in pan for 3 minutes before transferring to wire rack. Drizzle with honey glaze before serving.
- Stir together powdered sugar, honey, and cream until smooth.