Few things can beat the refreshing nature of blended frozen strawberry daiquiri during the hot summer months. This tasty and refreshing drink is quick and easy to make. Start enjoying summer now!
Skip the store bought daiquiri mixes. You don’t need those artificial flavorings and preservatives in your drink.
Easily make frozen strawberry daiquiri at home with a handful of fresh ingredients!
Frozen Daiquiri Ingredients
- Also known as white rum or silver rum. White rum is aged far less than dark rum. The most popular or well known white rum brand is Barcardi.
- This rum is used make mojito, pina colada, or citrus rum punch.
- Use frozen strawberries. Sliced or whole frozen strawberries work.
- This recipe works with other fruits. Swap in other frozen fruit of your choice. Think mango daiquiri, peach daiquiri, or pineapple daiquiri!
- Simple syrup is a mixture of sugar and water. It easily mixes and dissolves into any drink (hot or cold) faster than granulated sugar.
- To make simply syrup, bring to a boil equal parts sugar and water. Remove from heat once sugar has dissolved. Keep chilled in the fridge until ready to use.
- Fresh squeezed lime juice is the choice citrus for daiquiri and many rum based drinks.
- This recipe uses lime juice with a hint of lemon juice. Lemon juice is slightly less acidic than lime juice. The lemon juice adds a nice balance to the drink.
- I like to add a little finely grated zest to my citrus juices. It helps to enhance the citrus flavor. This is completely optional.
Why use frozen fruits?
Frozen fruits add flavor and texture without diluting the mixture. Adding ice to thicken blended drinks mutes the original flavors of the drink.
You can certainly use fresh strawberries, but the resulting blended drink will rather thin. The frozen strawberries adds bulk, creating a sorbet like texture.
Mix together frozen daiquiri in a blender
This is a one step recipe. Add all the ingredients in the blender and process until smooth. That’s it!
Interested in more frozen boozy drinks?
- This mango pineapple sangria slush blends together white wine and frozen fruits to create a fun twist on a summer favorite!
- Summer Frozen Rosé season is here! This Watermelon Peach Frosé is made with frozen seedless watermelon chunks, frozen peach slices, a touch of agave nectar, and an entire bottle of chilled rosé wine.
- These frosty blended Cherry Jack and Coke Slushies are the ideal summer treat. It is made with frozen dark sweet cherries, whiskey, and Coca-cola.
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
- 16 oz (about 3 cups) frozen strawberries, whole or cut
- 6 oz (¾ cup) light rum, also labeled as white rum or silver rum
- 2 oz (¼ cup) fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ oz (1 Tbsp) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 oz (½ cup) simple syrup*, or more according to sweetness preference
- fresh strawberries, to garnish
- In a blender, add strawberries, rum, lime juice, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Process until smooth.
- Taste and add more simple syrup according to sweetness preferences. *If you want an even thicker, slushier drink, add 1 cup ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses and serve immediately.