This chocolate glazed whiskey bundt cake is moist, flavorful, and perfect for sharing. Bake for St. Patrick’s Day or any celebration where chocolate and whiskey are welcome!
St. Patrick’s Day is this coming up. How will you be celebrating?
If your day is going to include lots of beer and liquor, the better question for you is, what will you be eating?
I have come to associate March 17th with corned beef, Irish soda bread, and pints of Guinness. This year, I will be enjoying this festive chocolate glazed Jameson infused bundt cake.
Chocolate glazed Jameson infused bundt cake
This super moist chocolate bundt cake calls for one cup of whiskey. However, don’t worry, you won’t get drunk off a slice of cake.
Most of the alcohol burns off during baking. All you are left with is the alluring and lingering taste of whiskey.
Irish whiskey is known for its smooth, rich oak flavor. It blends harmoniously with the sweet creamy chocolate. Need proof? Try this Irish Whiskey Stout Chocolate Cake!
Bundt Cake Serving and Storage Tips:
Best thing about this cake, you can make it ahead of time.
The cake actually tastes better the following day when all the flavors have really sunk in. It stays fresh and moist for a couple days when wrapped or stored in an airtight container.
Simply glaze with chocolate on serving day.
More St. Patrick’s Day Party Recipe Ideas:
If you’re craving something savory, this St. Patrick’s Day appetizer board is a great option!
Chocolate Whiskey Bundt Cake
- 5 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup instant espresso powder
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup whiskey or bourbon of choice
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- Butter a 10-cup bundt pan. Set aside. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat unsweetened chocolate at half power at 30 second intervals. Stir often. Heat until chocolate is melted. Set aside.
- In a glass measuring cup, stir together espresso power and cocoa powder. Add enough hot water until liquid mixture is 1 cup. Stir until powders are dissolved. Add one cup of whiskey and let cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, making sure egg is incorporated before adding the next. Scrape down bowl as needed. Add vanilla and slightly cooled melted chocolate. Continue to mix on low-medium until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and sea salt. With the mixer on low, add 1/3 of whiskey mixture, then 1/2 of flour mixture. Repeat, ending with whiskey mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared bundt pan. Bake for 70 minutes, rotating halfway, until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for a couple minutes before unmolding. Let cool on wire rack until room temperature.
- Over a double boiler, melt together chocolate and butter until smooth. Alternatively, you can microwave it at half power in 30 second intervals until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in corn syrup. Pour over cooled bundt cake and sprinkle with decorations.