Citrus Rum Punch is a bright combination of four citrus juices mixed with two kinds of rums. Grab some friends and have a party!
Easy Rum Punch Cocktail
This punch combines orange juice, grapefruit juice, lemonade, and limeade with two types of rum
Fresh squeezed juices taste best!
I highly recommend making lemonade and limeade from scratch. However, if that is not an option, seek high quality lemonade and limeade.
This rum punch uses a combination of silver rum and spiced rum.
Ginger Simple Syrup
This citrus rum punch isn’t very sweet.
You may adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more ginger simple syrup.
Ginger simple syrup is made by mixing together water, sugar, and fresh ginger.
This liquid sweetener is great for iced teas or coffee. It will kept in the fridge for up to a month.
It’s a super easy, large batch cocktail punch that can be prepared ahead of time.
Similar to a tiki cocktail, this drink is deceptively strong.
The tangy citrus juices mask any alcohol taste, making this drink very easy to chug.
To reduce the potency of this cocktail, you can add a splash of sparkling water or club soda with each serving.
Citrus Rum Punch
- ½ cup silver rum
- ½ cup spiced rum
- ¾ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¾ cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- ¾ cup lemonade
- ¾ cup limeade
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup ginger simple syrup or more to taste
- sliced limes
- fresh mint
- maraschino cherries
- In a large serving pitcher, combine silver rum, spiced rum, orange juice, grapefruit juice, lemonade, limeade, fresh lime juice, and ginger simple syrup. Keep chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve rum punch over ice. Garnish with sliced lime, fresh mint, and maraschino cherries. If desired, splash chilled sparkling water or club soda to reduce potency of cocktail.
- To make ginger simple syrup: bring to a boil 1 cup water, 1 cup granulated sugar, 3-inch fresh ginger (skin peeled, ginger sliced into thin disks). Remove from heat and allow sliced ginger to steep for 30 minutes. Strain out ginger and let simple syrup cool to room temperature. Transfer to container and store in the fridge for up to one month.
- If desired, splash chilled sparkling water or club soda to reduce potency of cocktail
Reader Questions and Reviews
First of all – I am so jealous that you can eat all of the food you describe and stay slim:) I think I will need one of your citrus rum drinks to collect myself. And will totally skip the step of diluting it with sparkling water.
Glad you enjoyed yourself! Looking forward to more beautiful food soon!
Thank you so much!
This is a tasty drink! Might be a new summertime favorite for me :)