Homemade version of the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum cocktail from Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar.
This popular cocktail is a cross between a Pina Colada and a Painkiller.
“In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room, in the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room, all the birds sing words and the flowers croon, in the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room!” – The Enchanted Tiki Room
Have you heard of Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar?
It’s located within the Disneyland Hotel and entrance does not require park admission!
(FYI: Walt Disney World has Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto and Tiki Bar at the Polynesian Village.)
Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar
Trader Sam’s is one of my favorite “secret” places at Disney.
(Although since 2014, it has become super popular with long lines to enter during weekends.)
The interior of Trader Sam’s playfully kitschy with a ton of decor adorning the walls.
There’s a volcano that erupts whenever someone orders the Uh Oa.
Sometimes there’s even thunder, lightening, and light showers.
Tiki Coconut Cocktail
The tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki rum cocktail is a play on the Enchanted Tiki Room.
And yes, they make you say “tiki” five times to the tune of the Tiki Room song.
Made with rum, cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and orange juice, it’s a cross between a pina colada and a painkiller.
It’s a simple to drink to make at home and unlike most tiki cocktails, it requires very few ingredients.
Don’t skimp out on the fresh grated nutmeg and cinnamon! It’s vital in this cocktail.
cocktail ingredients and substitutions
Gold or Dark Rum
If you want the cocktail to taste like the original one at Disney- use Pyrat XO Rum.
Otherwise, I recommend Mount Gay Eclipse Rum. You can easily find this rum at Trader Joe’s, Total Wine, and BevMo.
Cream of Coconut
Make sure the label says “cream of coconut.” DO NOT USE coconut cream.
These two products are very different.
Cream of coconut is usually stocked in the liquor aisle of the supermarket along with the margarita mixers, sweet and sour mix, and grenadine syrup.
Cream of coconut is sold in a can or convenient squeeze bottle.
Coconut cream is unsweetened. Cream of coconut is super sweet with a pourable syrup-like texture.
They are not interchangeable.
Don’t let the Disney name fool you. The cocktails at Trader Sam’s are strong and legit.
They also a have few virgin drinks as well as pupus and burgers.
While children are allowed to enter during the day, the bar becomes strictly 21+ after 8pm.
Also, it gets really loud inside the small bar. If you’re not into that, just make this drink at home!
Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum Cocktail
- 2 oz gold or dark rum*
- 1 ½ oz cream of coconut
- 1 ½ oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz orange juice
- crushed ice, as needed
- freshly ground nutmeg and cinnamon, to top
- fresh mint and cinnamon sticks, to garnish
- Add rum, cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and orange juice in a shaker filled with ice. Shake until drink is chilled.
- Strain into a serving glass half filled with crushed ice. Top generously with freshly ground nutmeg and cinnamon. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and a couple cinnamon sticks.
- I used Mount Gay Eclipse Rum in this recipe, but I’ve been told Trader Sam’s uses Pyrat XO Rum.
- Use “cream of coconut” NOT coconut cream. Cream of coconut is usually stocked in the liquor aisle of the market along with margarita mixers, sweet and sour mix, etc. It is sold in a squeeze bottle or can.
Thirsty for more fun tiki cocktail recipes? Try these favorites:
- Zombie is a delicious yet super potent mixed drink. It’s often said that if you consume multiple servings, you’re guaranteed to turn into a zombie…
- Enjoy a taste of the tropics all year long with this tiki passion pineapple rum cocktail.
- The combination of flavors in this blackberry pineapple rum cocktail brings to mind tropical vibes and summertime fun.