Mini baked pumpkin donuts with sweet cinnamon glaze. Make them extra special with festive sprinkles and colorful sanding sugars!
Reasons to Make This Recipe
Pumpkin season is upon us! These glazed mini pumpkin donuts are quick and easy to make. It is an excellent recipe to make when you have leftover canned pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin puree make these donuts super moist and flavorful. The recipes uses a mixture of pumpkin pie spice and extra ground cinnamon.
For best results, measure ingredients by weight using a kitchen scale. If you prefer to use volume measurements, use the Stir and Spoon Method to measure dry ingredients like flour and sugar.
- All-Purpose Flour: I exclusively use King Arthur Flour all-purpose flour for consistency. However, any brand will work.
- Spices: This recipe uses a combination of ground cinnamon and store-bought pumpkin pie spice mix. Use a pre-made pumpkin spice blend, or mix up your own!
- Buttermilk : Use reduced fat buttermilk. Make your own buttermilk by combining 1/4 cup milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice. Alternatively, use milk or any non-dairy milk alternative.
- Pumpkin Puree: For best results, used canned pumpkin. Be sure it is 100% pumpkin puree. Do not use “pumpkin pie puree” which already has sugar and spices added in.
Recommended Donut Bakeware Pans
These pans are easy to use and very simple to clean. While they are labeled as nonstick, I still suggest brushing them with melted butter or coating with baking spray before use.
More Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Cinnamon Glaze
- mini donut pan
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, room temp, lightly whisked
- ¼ cup buttermilk, room temp
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp maple syurp
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Set aside. In a another bowl, combine buttermilk and melted butter. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine brown sugar, sugar, pumpkin puree and eggs. With the mixer on low, add dry mixture in three additions, alternating with buttermilk mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Fill prepared pastry bag with batter. Pipe batter into prepared mini donut pans, filling molds a little over half full. Bake for 13-15 minutes until cake springs back to touch.
- Cool in pan for 2 minutes before unmolding. Let donuts cool to room temperature on wire rack before glazing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup and milk until smooth. *If glaze is too thin, add confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. If glaze is too thick, add milk 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Dip one side of cooled donut into glaze. Place dipped donut on a wire rack, iced side up. Sprinkle desired toppings over glaze. Let donuts sit until glaze has set, about 10 minutes.