Sparkling limoncello vodka is a quick and easy cocktail that is light and refreshing. Perfect for kicking off a relaxing evening.
For cocktails, I’m all about simplicity!
This refreshing, tart and bright lemon beverage is exactly the drink you need in hand come summertime.
Lemon Vodka Martini
The traditional martini is made with gin and dry vermouth.
However, over the years, the term “martini” has come to encompass a wide array of cocktails.
This limoncello cocktail can be made using your choice of vodka or gin.
Recommended Bar Tools
- Cocktail shaker, also known as Boston shaker
- Cocktail Jigger or measuring shot glass: Don’t eyeball the ingredients. Take the extra step to measure out the liquid ingredients.
- Peeler: I like this y-peeler for peeling citrus garnishes, especially because the blade is easily replaceable!
What is Limoncello?
Authentic limoncello is made with Sorrento lemons, also called sfusato lemons.
While you can easily make homemade limoncello, I love the traditional limoncello straight from the source.
There is something special about drinking liquor made in Italy; it makes me feel like I’m on vacation in the Mediterranean.
There are all sorts of varieties and brands of limoncello available worldwide. Some are sweeter, some more potent, and others more tart.
I’m really liking this Villa Massa Limoncello.
It’s just the right combination of sweet and tart. Limoncello should be smooth and easy to drink on its own.
How to store limoncello
Keep limoncello stored in the fridge, as it best served chilled.
It’s is great for sipping on its own, or you can mix it into a fancy drink.
Ways to use Limoncello
Limoncello integrates well into a number of desserts and cocktails. It’s lovely whipped into a lemon curd tart and my favorite- mixed with vodka and a little bubbles.
For this cocktail recipe, I simply combined limoncello with vodka, club soda, a little lemon juice and a splash of simple syrup.
If you want to make it a bit more sophisticated, substitute sparkling wine (like Prosecco or Cava) for club soda.
More Vodka Based Cocktail Recipes
Sparkling Limoncello Vodka
- 1 oz limoncello, chilled
- 1 oz vodka
- 4 oz club soda, chilled
- 1 ½ teaspoon simple syrup
- splash of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ice, as needed
- lemon peel, to garnish
- In a cocktail shaker combine limoncello, vodka, club soda, simple syrup and lemon juice. Fill ⅔ full with ice. Stir for 10-15 seconds to chill drink. Strain ice and serve cocktail with lemon peel as garnish.
* Disclosure: Villa Massa sent me a bottle to sample. All opinions are my own.