There are few things finer than weekend brunch. Last month, I had the most amazing coffee cocktail during my little trip to San Diego. A month later and I’m still thinking about that drink.
I’m not one to just sit around and wait for that magical drink to appear again. Oh no, I’ve been mixing and concocting coffee cocktails every weekend since then. (Ask the boyfriend, he’s my designated test recipe taster.) After a handful of not so delicious failures, I think I’ve finally got myself a winner!
Thanks to the addition of Licor 43, this Vanilla-Coconut Coffee Cocktail is my new brunch liquid of choice. Move on over, Mimosa and Bloody Mary, there’s a new brunch cocktail in town!
Licor 43 Coconut Coffee Cocktail, makes 1 serving
1/2 cup cold brew coffee
1 oz rum
1 oz Licor 43
pinch of ground cinnamon
splash of agave syrup
3/4 oz heavy cream
1 1/2 Tbsp coconut cream
cinnamon sugar mixture to rim cocktail glass (optional)
1. Add ice cubes to cocktail shaker.
2. Pour in 1/2 cup chilled cold brew coffee.
3. Follow with 1 oz aged rum of choice.
4. And 1 oz Licor 43.
5. Add a pinch of ground cinnamon.
6. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut cream
7. Pour 3/4 oz heavy cream and a splash of agave syrup.
8. Cover cocktail shaker and shake, shake, shake.
9. Lightly moisten the rim of cocktail glass and coat in cinnamon sugar. (optional)
10. Pour out shaken cocktail. Add additional ice, if desired.
The lovely folks at Licor 43 sent me a bottle to sample and test out cocktail recipes.
What is Licor 43? It’s a tasty vanilla flavored Spanish liqueur. Supposedly its made up of 43 ingredients, hence the name. I haven’t tasted anything like it. It smells of warm vanilla and honey. I’ve tried drinking it neat, on the rocks (with ice), and mixed into cocktails. Needless to say, it is a fantastic addition to drinks.
The boyfriend says, “If it were acceptable, I’d drink my coffee this way EVERY morning.” Unfortunately, it’s not (although, I share the same sentiment about this delicious and fabulous coffee concoction). This cocktail is meant for lazy Saturdays and Sundays when you can bum around and be merry. It reminds me of summer vacation with the sun shining on my face and my toes dug into the warm sand.
Licor 43 Coconut Coffee Cocktail
Yield: serves 1
- 1/2 cup cold brew coffee
- 1 oz rum
- 1 oz Licor 43
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- splash of agave syrup
- 3/4 oz heavy cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut cream
- ice, as needed
- cinnamon sugar mixture to rim cocktail glass (optional)
- Add ice cubes to cocktail shaker.
- Pour in 1/2 cup chilled cold brew coffee.
- Follow with 1 oz aged rum of choice.
- And 1 oz Licor 43.
- Add a pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Add 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut cream
- Pour 3/4 oz heavy cream and a splash of agave syrup.
- Cover cocktail shaker and shake, shake, shake.
- Lightly moisten the rim of cocktail glass and coat in cinnamon sugar. (optional)
- Pour out shaken cocktail. Add additional ice, if desired.
The Little Epicurean