This Summer Pimm’s Cup cocktail combines Pimm’s No.1 with refreshing cucumber mint lemonade.
2014 is my year of Pimm’s. Up until now, I’ve never tried Pimm’s. I can’t believe I’ve been missing out all this time.
I still don’t quite understand what Pimm’s is, except that it’s gin based. But one thing’s for sure- it makes the most amazing summer cocktail EVER.
Mint julep is to the Kentucky Derby as Pimm’s Cup is to Wimbledon. Gallons and gallons of this stuff is served every summer in London.
Traditional Pimm’s Cup is made with Pimm’s No.1 and lemonade. It is garnished with mint, oranges, strawberries and cucumber. To make this cocktail my own, I substituted my favorite cucumber mint lemonade.
Pimm’s is tasty on it’s own, but it tastes even better when mixed with citrus sodas, ginger ale, and lemonade/limeades. I like it A LOT and I think you will too. Cheers!
Summer Pimm’s Cup
Not only it this a super simple cocktail to make, it makes you feel fancy while you sip on it.
Have all your ingredients ready. Fill glass with ice.
Add 2 oz Pimm’s No.1
Follow with 4 oz cucumber mint lemonade.
Add more ice, if necessary. Stir to combine. Garnish finished cocktail with lemon wedges, sliced cucumbers and fresh mint leaves.
Note: Pimm’s used to produce 7 varieties of liquor. Pimm’s No. 1 is the most widely available. Too bad No.2 (Scotch whiskey based) and No. 5 (rye whiskey based) are no longer available. I’m sure I would have really loved those.
Fans of Pimm’s Cup will love this frozen version: Pimm’s Popsicles!
Summer Pimm's Cup
Yield: serves 1, multiply as needed
- 2 oz Pimm's No. 1
- 4 oz cucumber mint lemonade (recipe follows)
- ice, as needed
- lemon wedges, to garnish
- sliced cucumbers, to garnish
- fresh mint leaves, to garnish
Cucumber Mint Lemonade (makes about 1 quart)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup Persian cucumbers (English cucumbers or hot house cucumbers), peeled and sliced
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Fill a glass with ice. Add 2 oz Pimm's No.1 Follow with 4 oz cucumber mint lemonade. Add more ice, if necessary. Stir to combine.
- Garnish finished cocktail with lemon wedges, sliced cucumbers and fresh mint leaves.
Cucumber Mint Lemonade:
- In a small sauce pot, combine sugar and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a blender, combine cucumbers, mint leaves, lemon juice, and slightly cooled simple syrup. Puree until smooth.
- Strain through a fine strainer (or cheesecloth). Pour lemonade into a pitcher. Add remaining 2 cups of water. Stir to combine. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Reader Questions and Reviews
My husband and I were sitting at the bar a couple weeks ago and noticed the Pimm’s bottle. Had a discussion about what it was, but we’ve both never tried it. This recipe is the perfect excuse to buy some! Looks delicious!
Yes, please try it out! :)
This looks so refreshing and yes even thursdays need a drink!!
Thanks Ami! Yes, Thursdays definitely need a drink… in celebration of Friday :)
Pimms is my absolute favourite… Whenever m out for a drink pimms and lemonade is a must.. :D your version of pimms looks amazing.. Can’t wait to try this at home this weekend.. :)
I hope you like it, Arpita! :) Have a great weekend!
Hey lady! i’ve never had Pimms, but it’s on my shopping list now! So happy to finally have a chance to check out your blog! Absolutely gorgeous! xo. Kelly
Hi Kelly! Thank you SO much! I can’t wait for you to try Pimms. It’s great for summer :)