Summertime means boozy frozen treats like these watermelon tequila pops!
Watermelon Tequila Ice Pops
Summa summa summertime!
I normally associate summer with lazy pool weekends, afternoon naps and relaxing with a fun read. This summer has been far from that. July has been on crazy/hectic/unbelievable month.
It’s the best time of year to slow down and just chill. Stock the freezer with a ton of these watermelon tequila pops. Invite over some friends and share the wealth!
What kind of ice bags are used for boozy pops?
I’ve been getting a lot of questions about the bags I used for these ice pops.
The ones photographed above are from the Philippines. I bought them during my last visit. They come 100 to a bag. Each ice candy bag is 1 1/2 x 10 inches.
Don’t use standard popsicle molds. The mixture will not freeze solid due to the amount of alcohol and sugar in the recipe.
Back to these watermelon tequila pops (aka watermelon margarita pops!), are terrific when served with a some lime wedges and a coarse rock salt.
These boozy ice pops are delicious, refreshing, and super easy to make. CHEERS!
Want to other boozy summer frozen treats?
Watermelon Tequila Pops
- 8 cups sliced watermelon (about 4 cups, juiced)
- 2 Tablespoons agave syrup, or more according to taste preference
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 2 Tablespoons Grand Marnier, or orange liqueur
- zest from 1 lime
- Pulse together watermelon, agave, and lime juice in a blender until smooth. Add tequila, Grand Marnier and lime zest.
- Pour into plastic ice pop bags, twist and tie closed. Freeze for at least 6 hours until solid.*
- It's best to freeze them in ice pop bags rather than popsicles molds because alcohol does not completely freeze. The amount of alcohol in these ice pops results in a slightly slushy pop.