A bright and refreshing beverage to kick off warmer days. This strawberry ginger limeade is great on it’s own or spiked with your favorite liquor of choice!
Strawberry Ginger Mocktail
This isn’t your standard limeade. This version is blended with sweet strawberries and zesty ginger.
The combination of sweet strawberries, spicy ginger, and tart lime make for a delicious refreshing beverage with a bite!
Long gone are the days when a non-alcoholic mixed drink meant iced tea or lemonade. This strawberry ginger mocktail is just as complex in taste and flavor as any well made craft cocktail!
This refreshing limeade is made with filtered water, simple syrup, strawberries, fresh squeezed lime juice, and fresh ginger root.
All the ingredients are processed together in a blender until smooth. Strain mixture to remove extra fibers from the ginger.
Frozen strawberries may be used in place of strawberries. However, you will end up with a thick slush-like mixture after blending.
I cannot stress the importance of using fresh squeezed lime juice. DO NOT USE bottled lime juice for this recipe. It will not taste as clean and refreshing.
Use fresh ginger. Fresh ginger gives the limeade a kick of zing and spice.
Powdered ginger or dried ginger sold in the spice aisle will not result the same taste clean taste.
Turn limeade into a summer cocktail
This strawberry ginger limeade makes for a wonderful cocktail mixer.
It pairs well with vodka, white rum, and gin. Simply mix 6 oz limeade with 1 to 2 oz of liquor. Add a squeeze of lime juice. Serve with ice.
Strawberry Ginger Limeade
Yield: about 1.5 liters
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 22 oz (1 pound 6 oz) strawberries hulled, sliced
- 3-inch piece ginger peeled, sliced into disks
- In a small pot, bring 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar to a boil. Cook until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a blender, combine cooled simple syrup, lime juice, sliced strawberries, and ginger. Blend until smooth. Pour through a fine strainer (or cheesecloth).
- Pour limeade into a pitcher. Stir in remaining 1 ½ cups water. Taste and add more water, if necessary. Cover and keep chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with ice, sliced strawberries, and lime wedges.
Looking for other interesting mocktail recipes? Try this popular grapefruit shrub made with grapefruit, apple cider vinegar, and sparkling water.
Cold brew hibiscus tea and cantaloupe agua fresca are sure to quench your thirst.
Reader Questions and Reviews
this sounds like the perfect way to use up mushy strawberries!
Sounds like such a refreshing combination, especially with that ginger to give it a nice addition of flavor! :)
Super refreshing! Thanks Joleen!
This drink looks so, so refreshing! Perfect for this weekend!