Mango pineapple sangria slush blends together white wine and frozen fruits to create a fun twist on a summer favorite!
Shakespeare penned in Romeo and Juliet, “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet.”
What is sangria? The name has evolved to encompass so many meanings.
By extension, I’m calling anything that combines wine and fruit a sangria!
This mango pineapple sangria slush will be on repeat all summer long!
Blender Sangria Slush
The key to making this mango pineappe sangria slush is frozen fruits.
The frozen pineapple chunks and frozen mango chunks give this slush body and texture.
If you want to take it step further, you could even freeze the white wine in an ice cube tray. You’ll end with a texture similar to this frozen cherry jack and coke slushies.
The use of frozen fruits allows the drink to be slushy without diluting its flavors the way ice would.
- Use a powerful high-speed blender that will be process the frozen fruits into a smooth and creamy consistency
- Frozen fruits are a must! Don’t use fresh fruit or thawed, previously frozen fruits. Frozen fruit chunks are necessary to create that slush-like texture.
- Serve immediately! Overtime, the mixture will separate.
Boozy Mango Pineapple Smoothie
During the winter I like to stick to dark rich red wines and the more traditional sangrias.
My winter sangrias include lots of spices and less fruit (just apples and oranges).
During the warmer summer months is when I like to experiment and let loose. (See: lychee sangria, stone fruit sangria, raspberry peach sangria popsicles)
This is my first blended sangria. It’s a glorified smoothie and it is life changing.
From now on, I think all summer sangrias should be a frozen blended concoction!
Mango Pineapple Sangria Slush
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 cups chilled white wine (Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc works best)
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup ginger liqueur*
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice (1 oz)
- 5 dashes bitters*
- pineapple wedges, to garnish
- maraschino cherries*, to garnish
- In a blender, combine frozen pineapple, frozen mango, white wine, pineapple juice, ginger liqueur, lime juice, and bitters. Process until smooth. Mixture will be rather thick.
- Serve immediately and garnish with pineapple wedges and maraschino cherries. Cheers!
- I use this ginger liqueur and these bitters
- I use this yellow Rainier cherries from Tillen Farms
Reader Questions and Reviews
happy birthday week!! i’m assuming you’re talking about leonard’s malasadas, because those are the best golden pillows of heaven, ever. (wrong island, i know, but i can’t help but blubber about those malasadas).
Thank you!! YES. Love those malasadas!
I hope you have fun on Big Island! What is the name of the book? It sounds like something my friends would really be interested in! As usual, this cocktail sounds incredible! I made a cherry lychee sangria inspired by your lychee sangria and… tasty!!
Thank you!! The book is called Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy.
Yum… I gotta check out your cherry lychee sangria!