These blueberry ice cream bars are made by swirling together no-churn vanilla ice cream with maple sweetened blueberry syrup.
Growing up, summertime happiness was… lounging in the pool until your fingertips were wrinkled like raisins, staying up as late as you want because no school means no bedtime, and running after the ice cream truck every afternoon as soon you hear that familiar tune playing in the distance.
Nowadays, wrinkles of any sort scare me. If given one of those magnifying mirrors, I will spend far too long analyzing the lines around my eyes and forehead. I relish sleep and I will gladly accept a bedtime before 10pm.
Would I still chase the ice cream truck if one made rounds in my neighborhood? Nope, I definitely would not because I have become my own ice cream truck!
Ever since we bought a second freezer (that we keep in the garage), I have turned into an ice cream and popsicle making machine. I’m super excited to share these white chocolate dipped blueberry ice cream bars. So far, they’re my favorite frozen treats I’ve made this summer.
White Chocolate Blueberry Ice Cream Bars
Silicone Molds For Frozen Desserts
I used the same silicon molds from these funfetti ice cream bars. They come two molds to a pack.
I suggest purchasing two sets so you can make up to 8 bars at a time.
I like these molds because they resemble the shape of the ice cream bars I’d normally purchase at the market.
Best of all, these silicone molds make unmolding the ice cream bars very easy.
No need to splurge on another kitchen gadget if you don’t make frozen treats often. Any popsicle mold will do.
I’ve used these more traditional popsicle molds to make ice cream bars as well. (See: coconut peanut butter popsicles and blueberry coconut ice pops)
How to Make No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream Bars
No churn ice cream is super easy to make. You need a mixing bowl and an electric hand mixer.
- Beat chilled heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Continue to beat to almost stiff peaks.
- Transfer to silicone molds.
That’s it! So simple!
To get that swirl effect, alternate adding vanilla ice cream and cooled maple blueberry into the molds.
After a couple hours in the freezer, the blueberry ice cream bars get coated in a thin white chocolate shell and topped with chopped roasted pistachios.
White Chocolate Magic Shell
Chocolate magic shell instantly hardens when it comes in contact with anything cold.
Coconut oil is the secret ingredient. Coconut oil has a rather low melting point, turning into a liquid around 75 degrees F.
On the opposite end, it turns solid at a relatively high temperature, a little cooler than room temp.
Melted chocolate mixed with coconut oil creates a luscious chocolate sauce. Easily adjust the consistency to your preference.
More coconut oil creates a thinner shell. Reduce the coconut oil for a thicker shell.
When the frozen ice cream bar is introduced to the magic shell mixture, the coconut oil solidifies and hardens, thus creating that “magic shell” layer!
White Chocolate Dipped Blueberry Ice Cream Bars
- popsicle molds
Maple Blueberry Syrup:
- 1 ½ cups blueberries , fresh or frozen
- 1 ½ Tablespoons water
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream , very cold
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
While Chocolate Shell:
- 4 oz white chocolate chips , or chopped white chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- roughly chopped roasted pistachios , as needed
Maple Blueberry Syrup:
- In a small sauce pot, combine blueberries, water, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil until liquid is syrupy and thick. Remove from heat. No need to mash the blueberries, some will burst and some will remain whole. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature before whipping ice cream.
No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream:
- Whip chilled heavy cream to soft peaks. Add condensed milk and vanilla. Continue to whip to stiff peaks.
- Alternate adding vanilla ice cream and cooled maple blueberry into molds. Insert wooden sticks and freeze for at least 6 hours, overnight is best.
White Chocolate Shell and Assembly:
- In a medium bowl, combine white chocolate chips and coconut oil. Place bowl over a pot filled with 2-inches barely simmering water. Make sure bowl does not touch water. Melt gently and stir often to ensure even heating. Remove from heat, making sure to wipe off any moisture from bottom of bowl. Pour melted chocolate into a glass for easy dunking.
- Unmold frozen ice cream bars. Dip in melted chocolate and immediately top with chopped pistachios. Due to the amount of coconut oil in mixture, the chocolate will set very quickly. Enjoy immediately or keep frozen until ready to eat. Cover tightly in plastic wrap or keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two weeks.
- I used these silicon molds from Amazon to freeze the ice cream bars. They come in a pack of two.
Reader Questions and Reviews
that color!! it screams tie dye and summer (:
OMG, These look totally amazing from the way they look and also knowing that they definitely taste good, need to get me some silicone moulds.
These sound AMAZING and so refreshing for summer. I need to try this recipe soon. Thanks for sharing!
I love everything in this recipe – blueberry, chocolate, pistachios, vanilla ice cream. I never would have thought to combine them all together. Plus you don’t need an ice cream maker to make it. Perfect!
Omg, these look amaze! Will definitely have to try :)
LOL I know what you mean about turning into a popsicle making machine. We don’t have a second freezer but ever since I got my popsicle moulds last year I simply cannot stop! So much fun. These bars look amazing. Love the white chocolate and pistachios!
Oh my goodness!! These look so amazing!! Need to try this at home – book marking this now :)
Wow! These look uh-mazing!! I have to try these.
These sound amazing and they are SO pretty! Definitely saving this one to try as soon as I can!
Oh my goodness! These look so good !
these bars look sooooo yummy and soooo gorgeous! i love blueberry ice cream!!
These look amazing! Way better than anything you could buy in a store!!
These are gorgeous! And I am sure they are equally delicious! I really want to give this a try before the summer ends.
‘Tis the hot season for the perfect popsicle and this looks amazing!
These are so so gorgeous! I love the tie dye quality of them! Pinning!
This is making me hungry :) My kids are not into blueberries, but if I serve it this way, I think they will love it and give it a try :)
These look so amazing! I am so tempted to make these