This tropical green smoothie is packed with bright vibrant flavors from mango, pineapple, and banana.
I read somewhere that the average person weighs the least on Friday and the most on Monday. As I’m thinking about everything I ate over the weekend, I believe that statement to be true for me.
Hence, Monday morning is all about green smoothies.
During the middle of winter when it’s cold and gray outside, nothing perks me up quite like a tropical green smoothie!
Easy to Make Tropical Green Smoothie
I look forward to a hearty and refreshing smoothie come Monday morning. Smoothies are so easy to make and require very little time and prep.
I opt for frozen fruits because they are picked at their peak and can last months in my freezer. Bananas are a staple in my kitchen, they always have a spot on the counter.
I have a never ending supply of coconut water in the fridge thanks to my dad. And while I used spinach, any leafy green will do- think: kale, Swiss chard, and I’ve even heard of people using bok choy.
Tropical Fruit Options:
Frozen fruits will make your smoothie thicker and creamier. Fresh fruits work just as well. However, the resulting smoothie will be thinner in texture.
Choose up to 3 fruit options. More than 3 fruits will taste muddled and unrecognizable.
- Passion Fruit
Unlike the fruits, it’s best to use fresh greens. Frozen greens will expel too much moisture. Frozen greens also make the smoothie gritty in texture.
- Spinach (baby spinach preferred)
- Kale (baby kale preferred)
- Swiss Chard
- Bok Choy
Tropical Green Smoothie
- 10 oz coconut water, chilled
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 banana, sliced
- 4 handfuls spinach
- Pour coconut water into blender. Add mango, pineapple, banana, and spinach. Cover blender with lid and blend until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and serve immediately. Otherwise, place in the fridge until ready to enjoy. If smoothie separates in the fridge, stir before serving.
Once you’ve become a bona fide smoothie lover, check out these 5 fruit and veggie smoothies. It’s an entire work week of smoothies for you to make!