These doggie biscuits are super easy to make. The dough is very forgiving. You can keep re-rolling the dough over and over to cut out your shapes. They make the whole house smell like peanut butter. Charlie was going insane in the kitchen because of the aroma. He sat and watched the oven waiting for my timer to go off. He was more polite than usual. Once I pulled the biscuits out of the oven, he patiently waited until I offer him a piece. He sat without whining while I took photos of the biscuits.
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter *
1/2 Tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whisk together flour, oats, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
3. Add milk, peanut butter, and honey. Stir until combined.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until a soft dough forms.
5. Roll out to 1/3” thick and cut out with a floured dog bone cookie cutter, or desired shape.
6. Transfer to parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cookie is firm to touch. Let cool slightly on baking sheet before letting cool completely on wire rack.
*Notes: Try to use salt free and sugar free peanut butter. These treats last for 2 weeks in airtight container or up to 4 weeks if refrigerated. Treats can also be frozen for up to 6 months.