S’mores ice cream bars are the perfect bite sized summer treat!
Graham cracker crust bottom, no-churn chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips, topped with a toasted marshmallow.
Summatime! It’s my favorite time of year.
I live for these long summer days filled with endless sunshine. A lot of people complain about the heat, but I love it.
The hotter the day, the more ice cream and frozen treats I can eat.
Why have one s’mores ice cream bar when you can have two, or three, or four?!
No Churn Smores Ice Cream
The base of these s’mores ice cream bars are made from a mixture of ground graham crackers and melted butter.
However, you could skip this step and simply place graham cracker sheets at the bottom on the pan.
Continuing with my no-churn ice cream obsession, these s’mores have no-churn chocolate ice cream with chocolate chunks. Other no-churn ice cream recipes include:
The s’mores are topped with these flat marshmallows I stumbled upon. I never know they existed.
They’re genius! Flat marshmallows make so much more sense than the cylindrical pillow ones that are super common.
(If you feel inclined to make your own marshmallows, I have a recipe here for flat marshmallows! Simply sub out the matcha powder to make regular ones.)
Once you’ve laid out all the marshmallows, pop this in the freezer for at least 3 hours to allow the ice cream to set up.
Ultimate Summertime Frozen Treat
Here comes the BEST part (besides eating the s’mores): toasting the marshmallows!
Use a kitchen torch to brown the marshmallow tops.
However, be careful not to overdo it! Don’t want to risk melting too much of the ice cream.
At this point, you can eat them as is, or place a graham cracker square on top to eat it like a sandwich.
If I had pool birthday parties, I would totally make tons of these s’mores ice cream bars for guests. They’re the perfect little bite size treat. And honestly, who doesn’t like s’mores?!
More s’mores treats
- Matcha red bean s’mores is an Asian twist on a classic American dessert. Made with homemade matcha marshmallows, this is the perfect intro to Asian flavors!
- Quick and easy no-bake s’mores fudge bars are popular year round.
- This s’mores pie is a sophisticated s’more that deems to be eaten with a fork. It includes the components of a traditional s’more updated into a modern pie!
S’mores Ice Cream Bars
- 1 ½ cup ground graham crackers
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream , very cold
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 7 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 24 flat marshmallows* (see note)
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper (or foil). Allowing parchment paper to run up along the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground graham crackers and melted butter. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and press into an even layer along the bottom of the pan.
- Pour cold heavy cream, condensed milk, and cocoa powder into a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip mixture to stiff peaks. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread chocolate ice cream mixture over graham cracker layer. Place marshmallows on top of ice cream. Cover baking pan with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 3 hours until ice cream has set up. Overnight is best.
- Gently remove s’mores ice cream bar from baking pan by lifting from parchment overhang. Place on a cutting board and cut into bars using marshmallows as guides.*
- Brown the marshmallows tops with a kitchen torch. Enjoy immediately!
- I use these “stacker marshmallows” for s’mores
- If you are not serving these bars immediately after cutting, place cut bars in the freezer until ready to serve. Cut bars will keep in the freezer in an airtight container for a few weeks. Toast marshmallows before serving.
Reader Questions and Reviews
mmm. i had s’mores ice cream at cauldron in the oc (highly recommend if you haven’t gone, their puffles are great), which i loved, so i’m sure i’d love this too (: i’ve seen rectangular gourmet marshmallows before, but never kraft ones!! i feel like these would be easier to toast as well. my grocery stores need to get on it asap.
These are so adorable and festive!
Totally my kind of summer dessert!!
I’ve been meaning to buy myself a kitchen torch. Now I have ANOTHER reason to do it. These look absolutely scrumptious!
This brings the biggest smile to my face and even a bigger smile to my kids faces. They will just die over these and I’m always looking for a fun excuse to bring out that kitchen torch. Can’t wait to make this for a fun summer party!
These would be perfect for our super hot summer days. My kids would love it if I used a torch! :)
I definitely need to develop your attitude ab this heat. But I think I can with a treat like this!
Perfect for a summer treat!
I loved your recipe so much that I included it in my S’mores recipe round-up. :)
Love your site! – Laura
These are just so cool! I don’t think they would last very long in my house! YUM!
Thanks! lol, they didn’t last very long at my house either!