Ginger peach cooler is a refreshing cocktail featuring homemade ginger peach limeade mixed with dark rum and ginger beer.
You need a drink, I need a drink, let’s have a cocktail party!
I’ve always wanted to throw a cocktail party.
Nothing like those let’s drink until we run out of alcohol parties in college, but a classy, let’s have interesting and worldly conversions in my gorgeous backyard kind of party.
I have the cocktails, however I’m still working on that backyard.
Ginger Peach Cooler Cocktail
Last week during my week of painful sore throat, coughing fits, and general ill feeling days, I made this ginger peach limeade.
As soon as I was up to usual self again (and no longer camped out on the couch), I turned that limeade into a refreshing summer cocktail.
Ingredients and Substitutions
The key to this summer cocktail is homemade ginger peach limeade. Mix with dark rum and ginger beer, the limeade becomes a complex, refreshing, and inviting mixed drink.
However, if you don’t have the time to make the peach limeade from scratch, there are several alternatives to choose from!
- Option 1: blend together equal parts store-bought limeade and peach juice (I recommend using Simply Limeade and Simply Peach).
- Option 2: use store-bought peach lemonade (such as Santa Cruz Organic peach lemonade).
- Option 3: use store-bought limeade or lemonade
Recommended dark rums include Mount Gay Eclipse or Bacardi Dark- both can be easily found at local supermarkets and Trader Joe’s.
- Stay away from “black rums” which are aged longer and best used for sipping.
- Don’t use “white” or clear rums. Also stay away from spiced rums or flavored rums.
Ginger beer is the stronger, much more flavor potent relative of ginger ale. It’s a non-alcoholic soda made from fermented ginger root.
- Highly recommend Reed’s “Extra” Ginger Beer. If you really want super intense ginger flavor, try Reed’s “Strongest.”
- If you want to tone down the ginger, swap in ginger ale.
Peach bitters adds an extra dimension of peach flavor. I recommend the Fee Brothers brand. Simply omit if you don’t have this ingredient.
Let’s build this cocktail
- Fill serving glass half full of ice. Then, add 2 oz aged dark rum.
- Follow with 3 oz peach ginger limeade or limeade of choice.
- Add 2 oz ginger beer (or choice of strong ginger ale).
- Add three dashes of peach bitters and fresh squeeze juice from half a lime.
Stir contents to combine. Add additional ice, if necessary. Garnish finished drink with fresh peach wedges, sliced limes or candied ginger.
More Summer Cocktail & Alcohol Free Recipes
- Mango Mint Limeade Slush
- Strawberry Ginger Limeade
- Lychee Sangria
- Tiki Passion Pineapple Rum Punch
- Frozen Pina Colada
Ginger Peach Cooler
- 2 oz aged dark rum
- 3 oz peach ginger limeade
- 2 oz ginger beer (or strong ginger ale)
- 3 dashes peach bitters
- juice of half a lime
- ice, as needed
- peach wedges, to garnish
- sliced limes, to garnish
- candied ginger, to garnish
- Fill serving glass half full of ice. Add 2 oz aged dark rum. Add 3 oz peach ginger limeade. Follow with 2 oz ginger beer. Add 3 dashes of peach bitters and the juice of half a lime. Stir contents to combine. Add additional ice, if necessary.
- Garnish finish drink with fresh peach wedges, sliced limes or candied ginger.